Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Mass Produced Margarita

If you've read here you know that I have a thing for cocktails. One of the beverages I've had trouble with is making a Mass Produced (large volume/pitcher quantities) Margarita. It would cost too much and frankly be a waste to make a pitcher the way I make an individual glass so I've been working on locking down the ideal recipe and I've finally done it.

Start with Sauza Margarita mix - there are no substitutes, nothing compares if you do not start with this you're going to be pushing swill on your friends/guests. You will need twice the amount of mix as tequila so what I will usually do is:
>> Buy 1x handle tequila and 2x handles mix

For your tequila I have found that sauza blanco or margaritaville blanco are excellent tequilas to use for flavor and price point. Plus both come in handles (1/2 gallons / 1.75 liters).

Now for the recipie:
2x handles Sauza Margarita Mix (3.5 liters)
1x handle Tequial (1.75 liters)
2 cups Triple Sec (16 oz) - try to use the Hiram Walker 60 proof
1 cup Rosie's Lime juice (8 oz)

Try to mix ahead of time (1 day is optimal) and refridgerate to let the flavor mix and reduce the watering down when serving over ice.

*****DO NOT BLEND*****

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment